- Who believe in the Ghaib and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and spend out of what we have provided for them [i.e. give Zakât, spend on themselves, their parents, their children, their wives, etc., and also give charity to the poor and also in Allâh’s Cause – Jihâd,].
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 3)
- And establish prayer, and give the poor-rate, and bow own with those who bow down.
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 43)
- And seek help in patience and As-Salât (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khâshi’ûn [i.e. the true believers in Allâh – those who obey Allâh with full submission, fear much from His Punishment, and believe in His Promise (Paradise,) and in His Warnings (Hell, )].
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 45)
- And (remember) when We took a covenant from the Children of Israel, (saying): Worship none but Allâh (Alone) and be dutiful and good to parents, and to kindred, and to orphans and Al-Masâkîn  (the poor), and speak good to people [i.e. enjoin righteousness and forbid evil, and say the truth about Muhammad Peace be upon him ], and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât. Then you slid back, except a few of you, while you are backsliders. (Tafsir Al-Qurtubî).
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 83)
- And perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât, and whatever of good (deeds that Allâh loves) you send forth for yourselves before you, you shall find it with Allâh. Certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what you do.
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 110)
- And from wheresoever you start forth (for prayers), turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-Al-Harâm (at Makkah), that is indeed the truth from your Lord. And Allâh is not unaware of what you do. (149) And from wheresoever you start forth (for prayers), turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-Al-Harâm (at Makkah), and wheresoever you are, turn your faces towards, it (when you pray) so that men may have no argument against you except those of them that are wrong-doers, so fear them not, but fear Me! – And so that I may complete My Blessings on you and that you may be guided. (150)
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 149-150)
- O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salât (the prayer). Truly! Allâh is with As-Sâbirun (the patient.)
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 153)
- It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkin (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and gives the Zakât, and who fulfill their covenant when they make it, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles). Such are the people of the truth and they are Al¬Muttaqûn (pious – see V.2:2)
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 177)
- Guard strictly (five obligatory) As¬Salawât (the prayers) especially the middle Salât (i.e. the best prayer ¬ ‘Asr). And stand before Allâh with obedience [and do not speak to others during the Salât (prayers)]. (238) And if you fear (an enemy), perfrom Salât (pray) on foot or riding. And when you are in safety, offer the Salât (prayer) in the manner He has taught you, which you knew not (before). (239)
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 238-239)
- Truly those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât, they will have their reward with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
(2-Surah Al-Baqara : Ayah 277)
- (They are) those who are patient, those who are true (in Faith, words, and deeds), and obedient with sincere devotion in worship to Allâh. Those who spend [give the Zakât and alms in the Way of Allâh] and those who pray and beg Allâh’s Pardon in the last hours of the night.
(3-Surah Al-E-Imran : Ayah 17)
- And when you (Muslims) travel in the land, there is no sin on you if you shorten As-Salât (the prayer) if you fear that the disbelievers may put you in trial (attack you etc.), verily, the disbelievers are ever unto you open enemies. (101) When you (O Messenger Muhammad SAW) are among them, and lead them in As-Salât (the prayer), let one party of them stand up [in Salât (prayer)] with you taking their arms with them; when they finish their prostrations, let them take their positions in the rear and let the other party come up which have not yet prayed, and let them pray with you taking all the precautions and bearing arms. Those who disbelieve wish, if you were negligent of your arms and your baggage, to attack you in a single rush, but there is no sin on you if you put away your arms because of the inconvenience of rain or because you are ill, but take every precaution for yourselves. Verily, Allâh has prepared a humiliating torment for the disbelievers. (102)
(4-Surah An-Nisa : Ayah 101-102)
- ye who believe! when ye prepare for prayer, wash your faces and your hands (and arms) to the elbows; rub your heads (with water); and (wash) your feet to the ankles. If ye are in a state of ceremonial impurity, bathe your whole body. But if ye are ill or on a journey, or one of you cometh from offices of nature, or ye have been in contact with women, and ye find no water, then take for yourselves clean sand or earth, and rub, therewith your faces and hands. Allah doth not wish to place you in a difficulty, but to make you clean, and to complete His favour to you, that ye may be grateful.
(5-Surah Al-Maeda : Ayah 6)
- And perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), at the two ends of the day and in some hours of the night [i.e. the five compulsory Salât (prayers)]. Verily, the good deeds remove the evil deeds (i.e. small sins). That is a reminder (an advice) for the mindful (those who accept advice).
(11-Surah Hud : Ayah 114)
- Say (O Muhammad SAW): “Invoke Allâh or invoke the Most Gracious (Allâh), by whatever name you invoke Him (it is the same), for to Him belong the Best Names. And offer your Salât (prayer) neither aloud nor in a low voice, but follow a way between.
(17-Surah Al-Isra : Ayah 110)
- “Verily! I am Allâh! Lâ ilâha illa Ana (none has the right to be worshipped but I), so worship Me, and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) for My Remembrance.
(20-Surah Ta-Ha : Ayah 14)
- And enjoin As-Salât (the prayer) on your family, and be patient in offering them [i.e. the Salât (prayers)]. We ask not of you a provision (i.e. to give Us something: money); We provide for you. And the good end (i.e. Paradise) is for the Muttaqûn (pious and righteous persons – see V.2:2).
(20-Surah Ta-Ha : Ayah 132)
- Successful indeed are the believers. (1) Those who offer their Salât (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness. (2)
(23- Al-Mumenoon : Ayah 1-2)
- And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawât (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours). (9) These are indeed the inheritors. (10) Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever. (11)
(23-Surah Al-Mumenoon : Ayah 9-11)
- Men whom neither trade nor sale (business) diverts them from the Remembrance of Allâh (wih heart and tongue), nor from performing As¬Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), nor from giving the Zakât. They fear a Day when hearts and eyes will be overturned (out of the horror of the torment of the Day of Resurrection).
(24-Surah Al Noor : Ayah 37)
- See you not (O Muhammad SAW) that Allâh, He it is Whom glorify whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, and the birds with wings out-spread (in their flight)? Of each one He (Allâh) knows indeed his Salât (prayer) and his glorification, [or everyone knows his Salât (prayer) and his glorification], and Allâh is All-Aware of what they do.
(24-Surah Al-Noor : Ayah 41)
- Recite (O Muhammad SAW) what has been revealed to you of the Book (the Qur’ân), and perform As-Salât (Iqamât¬as¬Salât). Verily, As-Salât (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahshâ’ (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse) and Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed) and the remembering (praising) of (you by) Allâh (in front of the angels) is greater indeed [than your remembering (praising) of Allâh in prayers. And Allâh knows what you do.
(29-Surah Al-Ankaboot : Ayah 45)
- So glorify Allâh [above all that (evil) they associate with Him (O believers)], when you come up to the evening [i.e. offer the (Maghrib) sunset and (‘Ishâ’) night prayers], and when you enter the morning [i.e offer the (Fajr) morning prayer]. (17) And His are all the praises and thanks in the heavens and the earth, and (glorify Him) in the afternoon (i.e. offer ‘Asr prayer) and when you come up to the time, when the day begins to decline (i.e offer Zuhr prayer). (Ibn ‘Abbâs said: “These are the five compulsory congregational prayers mentioned in the Qur’ân).” (Tafsir At-Tabari) (18)
(30-Surah Al-Room : Ayah 17-18)
- Those who perform As¬Salât (Iqamat¬as- Salât) and give Zakât and they have faith in the Hereafter with certainty. (4) Such are on guidance from their Lord, and such are the successful.(5)
(31- Surah Luqman : Ayah 4-5)
- So bear with patience (O Muhammad SAW) all that they say, and glorify the Praises of your Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting (i.e. the Fajr, Zuhr, and ‘Asr prayers). (39) And during a part of the night (also), glorify His praises (i.e. Maghrib and ‘Isha prayers), and (so likewise) after the prayers [As-Sunnah, Nawâfil — optional and additional prayers, And also glorify, praise and magnify Allâh – Subhân Allâh, Alhamdu lillâh, Allâhu-Akbar]. (40)
(50-Surah Qaf : Ayah 39-40)
- And in the night-time, also glorify His Praises — and at the setting of the stars.
(52-Surah At-Tur : Ayah 49)
- you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salât (prayer) on Friday (Jumu’ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allâh [Jumu’ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salât (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing), That is better for you if you did but know! (9) Then when the (Jumu’ah) Salât (prayer) is ended, you may disperse through the land, and seek the Bounty of Allâh (by working, etc.), and remember Allâh much, that you may be successful (10)
(62-Surah Al-Jumua : Ayah 9-10)
- Verily, the rising by night (for Tahajjud prayer) is very hard and most potent and good for governing oneself, and most suitable for (understanding) the Word (of Allâh).
(73-Surah Al-Muzzammil : Ayah 6)
- Indeed whosoever purifies himself (by avoiding polytheism and accepting Islâmic Monotheism) shall achieve success, (14) And remembers (glorifies) the Name of his Lord (worships none but Allâh), and prays (five compulsory prayers and Nawâfil — additional prayers). (15)
(87-Surah Al-Ala : Ayah 14-15)
- Nay! (O Muhammad (SAW))! Do not obey him (Abû Jahl). Fall prostrate and draw near to Allâh!
(96-Surah Al-Alaq : Ayah 19)
- So woe unto those performers of Salât (prayers) (hypocrites), (4) Those who delay their Salât (prayer from their stated fixed times), (5) Those who do good deeds only to be seen (of men), (6)
(107-Surah Al-Maun : Ayah 4-6)
(Courtesy: Sadiya Akhtar)